Translate

Fun With Photoshop: OLD MAN CLOSEUP



































.....


I'm constantly amazed how people can paint digitally in Photoshop.  It makes me want to keep practicing until I'm as good as everybody else.

With this piece, I feel I was pretty successful.  I used just the right combination of brushes, at just the right opacity and such to achieve a nicely convincing texture & modeling to the face.  The trick is to be able to repeat the success with every subsequent attempt.

In the 'before', I did a loose pencil sketch, with not too much detail.  In the 'after', I laid down a flat medium gray, then on various levels I would play with the values.  I would reduce the opacity of my brushes in order to do the many more intricate wrinkle lines on the face.  On a top layer, I would play around with highlights, and the details of the eyebrows.